Sunday, October 29, 2006

One Crazy Week...and Halloween!

This last week was CRAZY! I took the Metro all the way to the University of Maryland and visited my good buddy (and IC Alumn) Matt for the Anwar Sadat Lecture for Peace. The honored guest was the Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agencey (IAEA), Dr. Mohamed El Baradei. It was a great speech and an awesome opportunity. Along with Dr. ElBaradei, the former first lady of Egypt, Dr. Johan Sadat was there as well. Matt definitely hooked me up with an awesome deal! I had what was going to be my first trial this week too...but the defendant pled right before the trial. But even the sentencing was a lot different than I thought. I was so angry with the defendant and the violent actions taken that I hoped the defendant would get a harsh sentencing...but after seeing the emotions and the real people that both the defendant and the victim were it was an entirely different situation!! No longer was the situation only on paper...now it was right in front of me. It was an intense experience! On the lighter side though...we all went to this awesome haunted forest this weekend. It was out in the boondocks, which was a nice little touch of home! The place was packed and the scare was good too! We also hung out by some huge bon fires and had some awesome apple cider...it was a blast. It was a jam packed week...but I'm ready for another one!

DC Tip #10: When at Adams/Morgan on a late night or early morning...it is absolutely necessary to invest in a Jumbo Slice! Yes...this is exactly what it sounds like. These are slices of pizza that are larger than a persons head...and just as much grease to go along with it! Folded, rolled, or shared...the Jumbo Slice is guaranteed to please that late night/early morning need for a "snack."

No comments: