Saturday, September 23, 2006

A Shift In 7D!

Wow...that's all I have to say! I went on a ride-along the other night and it was intense! As a part of the internship we are encouraged to do a ride-along to see the DC crime first hand...wow! I hung out with Officer Sillah for the second shift and we were pretty busy. The first hour I was in the car we had a transfer of this huge dude (who they put in the back right behind me). We responded to a missing persons report and then a domestic violence call. Oh...and then this dude tried to flee on foot so we sped to the scene (using lights...sirens...and serious speed!). At the begining of the night the officer said to me that it was a quiet night because it was going to be a quiet night, or it was a quiet night because someone was going to get shot. It was funny to laugh at then, but about 9:30pm we got a call over the radio of a kide being shot! It blew my mind! We didn't respond to that call though...and I am glad we didn't. The bottom line is that it was an intense night in the 7th District and I had a blast bustin "bad guys."

DC Tip #1: Don't be an "escalefter!" When using an escalator always stand on the right side and walk on the left...because if you block the left side by not walking you are looked down upon and called an "escalefter."

No comments: